We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible Memphis Vacation - Need information!

Which Memphis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
135 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Possible Memphis Vacation - Need information!

My husband and I are thinking of planning our next anniversary trip to Memphis, TN. What I need to know is how many days should we plan to stay in Memphis in order to be able to see/do all of the "important" things to do in Memphis. Of course we'd be interested in Graceland, all of the blues/rock museums and such. Is there anything we wouldn't want to miss, whether it be an attraction or restaurant? Where are some romantic places to eat? Any help I can get is appreciated! Thank you soo much!

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
135 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible Memphis Vacation - Need information!

Oh, and I forgot to mention, we're also trying to be as conservative with our budget as possible for this trip, so any wallet-friendly ideas would be great too!

North East
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible Memphis Vacation - Need information!

Hi. Ive been to Memphis about a dozen times over past 16 yr. I'd think 3 to 4 days at the most would be enough to take it all in. You'd need a whole day just to spend around Graceland if thats your thing.

Must admit Elvis was the reason i started coming.! Have fun ! !

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Possible Memphis Vacation - Need information!

I don't think Graceland is necessarily a whole day, unless you really wanted to look at every detail and every attraction there. I think 1/2 day is fine. Otherwise, it seems like you already know about the main sites: Civil Rights Museum, Rock and Soul Museum, Beale, etc. The zoo is nice as well.

As for a romantic restaurant, there are not many downtown, let alone on a tight budget. There are some very nice places in the Peabody Hotel, but they are very expensive. Downtown really isn't a 'romantic' area. Very loud and touristy. Maybe McEwen's on Monroe, but again..expensive. Same for Stella, Felicia Suzanne's, or any other non-touristy nice restaurant.

Memphis
Level Contributor
382 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Possible Memphis Vacation - Need information!

If you get the pillow, window seat, Cafe 61 can be romantic - in southern blues kind of way :). The entree's average about $16-$18. It is across the street from The Peabody.

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Possible Memphis Vacation - Need information!

There are definitely some cool, affordable restaurants downtown. But in terms of like, quiet....dark...flowers...romantic...the only ones I can think of would be very pricey. And even those might have kids or loud groups around, since it's downtown (Peabody ones).

6. Re: Possible Memphis Vacation - Need information!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, August 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Memphis