We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two full days itinerary help please

dorset
Level Contributor
123 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Two full days itinerary help please

Got two full days and nights in Memphis. Want to do Graceland sun studios rock and soul museum from research I'm guessing this will take most of a day using the free shuttle. Staying at crowne plaza so which order is best for these attractions. Thought about a bus tour and perusing Beale street on the second day or would this be best on the first day? Any suggestions welcome please?

Algonquin, Illinois
Level Contributor
10 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two full days itinerary help please

If you've never seen pandas before, the Memphis zoo has two. Currently only four zoos in the U.S. have pandas. The panda area at the Memphis zoo is very nice, and you can really get close up. We enjoyed this zoo.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,161 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two full days itinerary help please

I don't think it matters which day you do the bus tour (Mojo maybe?) and Graceland. Both will be busier on weekends than weekdays.

I would try to catch the earliest shuttle to Graceland. Then head to Sun and back to Beale. Rock and Soul is open until 7 p.m., with last admission about an hour before that.

As droycro said, we have an amazing zoo if you're looking for another activity. Also, the National Civil Rights Museum will be having a re-grand opening of sorts this weekend with lots of new exhibits. Mud Island will be opening in a couple of weeks as well. At night, you might want to check out one of Backbeat Tours evening ghost tours.

dorset
Level Contributor
123 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two full days itinerary help please

Thank you both for your suggestions. I had looked at the Mojo tour which is most likely the one we will do. To get an early shuttle to Graceland where would I get it from? Staying at the C.P.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,161 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two full days itinerary help please

You're so welcome.

It picks up on Beale at the Rock and Soul Museum. Just take the trolley or walk from your hotel to Beale.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
11,661 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two full days itinerary help please

We also liked the Gibson Guitar factory tour, Stax, Belz Museum, Civil Rights Museum, Mud Island, Elmwood Cemetery tour.

IMHO, Beale St is best at night.

scotland
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two full days itinerary help please

I'd just like to bring to your attention that Elvis's bedroom window of his 'Lauderdale Courts' apartment looks on to the side of your hotel

Out with Graceland, Elvis stayed in the apartment at Lauderdale Court longer than he did any place else in Memphis

If your a fan of Elvis you'll benefit from doing a little research before you make the trip

scotland
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two full days itinerary help please

I'd just like to bring to your attention that Elvis's bedroom window of his 'Lauderdale Courts' apartment looks on to the side of your hotel

Out with Graceland, Elvis stayed in the apartment at Lauderdale Court longer than he did any place else in Memphis

If your a fan of Elvis you'll benefit from doing a little research before you make the trip

scotland
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Two full days itinerary help please

Sorry trying to delete duplicate post

I should've said that Lauderdale Courts is now called Uptown Square

dorset
Level Contributor
123 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Two full days itinerary help please

Thanks Elvisgillies x

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
3,001 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Two full days itinerary help please

Other things to notice while you are moving about Downtown Memphis:

The Pyramid - A 2/3 scale model of Ramses The Great's burial tomb near Memphis, Egypt

Danny Thomas Blvd. - Evidence of the singer/comedian who founded St. Jude.

Edison Square Apts. - located where the great inventor lived in Memphis while a telegrapher.

Hernando Desoto Bridge over the MS. River named for the Sp. explorer who crossed near there.

Historic trolley cars, over 100 years old, brought from various foreign cities, moving around Dtn.

Edited: 8:26 am, April 03, 2014