We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Gracelands with younger children

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Gracelands with younger children

My husband and I are planning to take my parents (all Elvis fans) and children (aged 8 & 6) to visit Gracelands next July for my dads 70th birthday on our way to the West Coast, is Gracelands a place for children if so what is there to do for them (or should I bow out gracefully and keep they near a pool)......

Also, any advice on getting to Gracelands and then the West Coast from the UK would be much appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
scotland
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Gracelands with younger children

How long do you plan on being in town and where are you staying?

Let's say for example you were staying at heartbreak hotel, The big Elvis fans could take longer going through the house even take the VIP tour, You can take the kids through at a pace that kept them interested, they may surprise you, then head over to the shops at the plaza or the pool if staying at Days Inn or Heartbreak Hotel & meet up with the rest of the family later

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,287 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Gracelands with younger children

Elvisgillies and Moviemaker can better advise you on flights from Europe. I will say that there are no direct flights to Memphis and you'll have to flying into the US and get a connecting flight or drive to Memphis. You can fly to the west coast from here, but don't get sticker shock from the airfares when you start doing your research. Memphis has a reputation for having high airfares. Many people here prefer to drive to Little Rock or Nashville and fly from there for much lower fares.

All tours at Graceland are self guided. The only time stipulation is for the mansion, where you purchase your tickets for a set departure time to head to the mansion. The rest is self guided and you can move at your own pace.

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Graceland
Graceland
15,047 Reviews
Memphis, TN
3. Re: Visiting Gracelands with younger children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 19, 2015