We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any water activities?

Texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Any water activities?

Howdy! We are planning a road trip and Memphis is on the list! We were there for just one day several years ago and want to go back and spend more time. :-)

Our boys are 17 and 13, and we will be meeting our friends there, and their kiddos are age 2, kindergarten age and 5th grade. I have a list a mile long of museums, historical sites, and churches to visit and photograph, but I'm looking for more kid friendly stuff. All I have on their list is the zoo. Are there any water parks, or pools, anything of that nature in the Memphis area to let us run off some energy and keep cool?

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,113 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any water activities?

There aren't any water parks in Memphis with slides, wave pools,. etc. A few places have those spray/splash parks, inlcuding the Children's Museum of Memphis, but those won't appeal much to your older kids.

Mud Island has a scale replica of the river where you can take your shoes off and splash around a bit. Botanical Gardens has a children's area with a shallow creek where you can take off your shoes and splash around a bit as well. Other ideas that might appeal to your group would be Lichterman Nature Center, Pink Palace and Golf and Games Family Park. Backbeat's Mojo tour appeals to a wide age range. Perhaps your older kids would like their evening walking ghost tour. Memphis is lucky enough to still have a drive in movie. Perhaps your kids would enjoy a evening there. You still get a double feature and you can take in your own food/drinks, including some alcohol for the adults. We often stop for a pizza on the way. In fact, children under the age of 10 are free. The Redbirds play right in downtown Memphis and the games are much more affordable than a major league game. For a cool treat, stop at Jerry's Sno Cones on Wells Station.

While no water is involved, Sky Zone in southest Memphis is tops in my book for wearing out your kids and adults as well.

http://www.skyzone.com/Home

2. Re: Any water activities?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Memphis