We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Memphis to NO with kids - stop in Vicksburg or Nachez?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
From Memphis to NO with kids - stop in Vicksburg or Nachez?

My two sons (7 & 10) and my dad and I are going to spend a few days in Memphis and then want to drive to New Orleans. We are from California and want to experience the South. We saw that Vicksburg, Jackson and Nachez are on the way (somewhat) but we can't decide where to stop and have never been to this area. What would you recommend if we really want to get the spirit of the area? We are not looking for chain stores and franchise restaurants!

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
New Orleans
New Orleans
Louisiana
California
California
United States
Vicksburg
Vicksburg
Mississippi
Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,304 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Memphis to NO with kids - stop in Vicksburg or Nachez?

My personal preference would be Vicksburg. You might investigate traveling at least part of the trip on Hwy. 61 instead of the interstate to get more of a feel for the old south.

Mentioned in this post
Vicksburg
Vicksburg
Mississippi
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Memphis to NO with kids - stop in Vicksburg or Nachez?

Thank you Deb62862!

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,304 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Memphis to NO with kids - stop in Vicksburg or Nachez?

You're so welcome. For more specific info on the areas that interest you, I'd suggest you check their forums.

4. Re: From Memphis to NO with kids - stop in Vicksburg or Nachez?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 30, 2014