We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for estaurants and clubs on Beale st.

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Suggestions for estaurants and clubs on Beale st.

Sorry, typo in the heading.

The wife and I will be visiting Memphis for 1 night, Sat 6/8. We will be staying at the Hampton Inn near Beale street. What clubs and restaurants are on the 'shouldn't be missed' list? How busy will Beale street be on a random Saturday night in June? I'm hoping it's not packed, but I don't want it to be dead, either.

In addition, we will likely visit Mud Island on Sunday before heading on. Is this worthwhile? Any other suggestions? We wiill have a car. Btw, we have no interest in visiting Graceland.

Edited: 6:14 pm, May 22, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
Beale Street
Beale Street
6,701 Reviews
Memphis, TN
Graceland
Graceland
15,210 Reviews
Memphis, TN
Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,302 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for estaurants and clubs on Beale st.

You'll find all genres of music on Beale, both in and outside the clubs and restaurants. Just stroll until you hear something you like. It is likely to be busy on a Saturday night; the later it gets, the wilder it will get.

As for restaurantrs, there are great places on Beale and elsewhere downtown. Are you looking to try Memphis barbecue? If so, I recommend Central or Rendezvous. Both of these are downtown, but not on Beale.

Mud Island is definitely worth a look. Depending on your time and tastes, you might also like Sun Studios, the National Civil Rights Museum or Rock and Soul Museum.

Mentioned in this post
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for estaurants and clubs on Beale st.

Thank you for the input. We definitely want to stay in easy walking distance of Beale St for restaurants. Memphis BBQ is certainly an option, but I don't want to limit myself to just that choice. I'm open to other suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,302 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for estaurants and clubs on Beale st.

What do you like? Gus's has amazing fried chicken, Itta Bena or Felicia Suzanne's for slightly upscale southern fare, Texas de Brazil for a price fixe all you can eat meat fest, Flight for "flights" of drinks and food or McEwan's for a mid priced delicious meal. There are dozens of restaurants downtown.

Mentioned in this post
Itta Bena
Itta Bena
366 Reviews
Memphis, TN
Texas de Brazil
Texas de Brazil
596 Reviews
Memphis, TN
Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
3,118 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for estaurants and clubs on Beale st.

If they are within your range, some of the region's and country's best restaurants are within walking distance of Beale. Flight is a top 100 eatery at Monroe and Main St. Trolley Line with sidewalk cafe & inside top leather booths on the windows and very good service. Felicia Suzanne (She was Emeril's Exec. Chef) is 1/2 block from there. Chez Phillipe is a 4 star/4 diamond French Restaurant in the lobby of the Peabody. If fried chicken does it for you Gus's is a hole in the wall 3 blocks from Beale which is so popular it has daily lunch and dinner waiting lines down the street. Blues City Cafe at Beale and 2nd has notable wet ribs and an earthy Beale street vibe.

Mentioned in this post
The Peabody Memphis
The Peabody Memphis
3,498 Reviews
Memphis, TN
Blues City Cafe
Blues City Cafe
2,803 Reviews
Memphis, TN
Beale Street
Beale Street
6,701 Reviews
Memphis, TN
5. Re: Suggestions for estaurants and clubs on Beale st.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 25, 2014