We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking Tips - Accessing Beale Street Downtown on the Cheap

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Parking Tips - Accessing Beale Street Downtown on the Cheap

Hello: Coming to Memphis for the first time in a couple days. Real excited! We're staying on the fringes of town and the plan is to grab some BBQ at Central in Midtown and work our way down to Beale Street from there. Reading some posts saying that parking is pricey -- are there options that can save us a few dollars that don't have us walking miles. Thank you!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
449 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking Tips - Accessing Beale Street Downtown on the Cheap

I parked in the public garage attached to the Westin hotel for some hours, and it was only $10, not pricey by my standards in any case.

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking Tips - Accessing Beale Street Downtown on the Cheap

Non hotel parking is not typically very expensive Downtown. Try "Parking Can Be Fun" on Union Av. just west of the Peabody. I think on the average day you can park all day for $7.00.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,907 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking Tips - Accessing Beale Street Downtown on the Cheap

Prices will vary depending on events. For example, if there's a Redbirds game, Grizzlies game, a show at the Orpeheum, parking is going to be more. Generally parking further north of Beale is less expensive than closer to Beale. You can can always walk or take the trolley to Beale. There is limited free parking at Central Station, but that parking is on a first come, first serve basis.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking Tips - Accessing Beale Street Downtown on the Cheap

Good information from all. Thank you.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,907 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking Tips - Accessing Beale Street Downtown on the Cheap

You're so welcome.

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
3 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking Tips - Accessing Beale Street Downtown on the Cheap

Terrific tips; thanks for sharing! I'll really be thanking ya'll as I pull up to the glass booth to pay at the end of the evening. :-)

7. Re: Parking Tips - Accessing Beale Street Downtown on the Cheap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 14, 2014