We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Memphis

NJ
Level Contributor
5 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from Memphis

Anyone have any interesting short day trips from Memphis? I have an 8 year old that wants to see something cool in a neighboring state.

Thanks.

Illinois
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Memphis

Clinton Library and other historical sites in Little Rock, 2 hours away unless I-40 is still under construction when you visit.

NJ
Level Contributor
5 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from Memphis

Thank you

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,398 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from Memphis

While not in another state, Shiloh National Military Park is a close drive. Another interesting place in TN would be Reelfoot Lake in northwest TN.

A slightly further drive from Little Rock would be Hot Springs, which is not only a city, but a national park.

In MS, you could make the easy drive to Tupelo to see Elvis's birthplace and an amazingly cool buffalo park and zoo.

London UK
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips from Memphis

Tupelo also has a pretty cool automobile museum.

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trips from Memphis

Also in Little Rock is the Museum of Discovery. I haven't been there, but I've heard it's wonderful! It's just down the street from the Clinton Library.

http://museumofdiscovery.org/

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trips from Memphis

Oxford, Mississippi is just over an hour down south, and it is quite an interesting town. Faulkner's home is there. The University is beautiful. Square Books and the restaurants on the Square are fun. Not sure how much there is for your son to do, though.

7. Re: Day trips from Memphis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 14, 2014