We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much money to take?

Which Memphis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northleach, United...
Level Contributor
680 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
How much money to take?

Hi there, we're staying for 13 nights on a bed and breakfast basis at various hotels as we're doing a Deep South tour. I was just wondering how much money do you think I would need? I won't be buying lots of gifts, it will mainly be for eating out and drinks. Thanks in advance.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,647 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much money to take?

That's all going to depend on the type of restaurants you visit, souvenir shopping, etc. We normally allow about $100 a day per person for three meals, treats, a bit of shopping, drinks, activities, etc. Some days we don't spend that much, but other days we might spend more. For example, if you're going to Graceland, that's going to be a more expensive day because of admission costs, shopping, etc.

Obviously, if breakfast is provided everywhere you're staying, you won't need as much. Credit cards are widely accepted, including fast food places, shops, etc.

Barnhart
Level Contributor
605 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much money to take?

I do the exact same thing, $100 per person per day when the family goes on a trip.

Northleach, United...
Level Contributor
680 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much money to take?

Ok thanks everyone!

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,647 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much money to take?

You're so welcome. Have a wonderful trip!

5. Re: How much money to take?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Memphis