We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marathon Weekend

Which Memphis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Murray,Ky.
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Marathon Weekend

My wife and I along with our 13 year old son are running in the St. Jude 5K on Dec. 1. We are arriving the Friday night before. We are looking for things to do Saturday afternoon and night. We come to Memphis a couple of times a year for fun weekends and I was born there and lived there as a young child , so we are pretty familiar with Memphis and have done the usual things. Is anyone familiar with Hattiloo Theatre,and would it be appropriate for a 13 year old? What about the Zoo this time of year? We are looking for something different to do or maybe something seasonal. I would appreciate any help from anyone.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,647 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marathon Weekend

As for seasonal things to do, Shelby Farms will have Starry Nights and the zoo will have Zoo Lights. The zoo event includes an ice skating rink that is open each day as well as in the evening. I don't know about this year, but last year they did different things downtown on the weekends, like carolers, pet parades, etc. The Peabody lobby will be decorated as well. The Enchanted Forest will be at the Pink Palace and they normally show some sort of seasonal IMAX movie then as well.

I feel sure looking at the schedule that Hattiloo would be appropriate as well as the holiday productions at the Orpheum, Theatre Memphis or Playhouse on the Square.

As for other things to do, if the weather is nice, you have the zoo, Lichterman Nature Center or Elmwood Cemetery. For a different indoor activity, check out Skyzone.

Murray,Ky.
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marathon Weekend

Thank you Deb.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,647 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marathon Weekend

You're so welcome.

4. Re: Marathon Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 28, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Memphis