We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

scotland
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

thinking of doing the above tour in june or sept.2013. has anyone got any info re; said tour. have done western treasures tour wth cosmos which was really very good.

Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

Sorry that your post number 19 felt the trip was far too long,I thought it was about right as many people can't take much more than a fortnight off at any one time,and without all the stopovers we wouldn't have seen as much;don't forget that the guide and driver are up even earlier to load up our bags.On our trip Mike the driver and particularly Brenda our guide (assuming the same Brenda) were really helpful and Brenda was around until late every evening.She certainly was a people person with us and we were a pretty mixed bunch!As for the comment about her southern belle accent,this comment was uncalled for;she is from Mobile,Alabama,so why wouldn't she have a southern accent?Yes,it was a very full on tour,but all this is made clear on line and in the brochures.We loved it.

scotland
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

Love hearing about these tours but maybe we've gone off track a little with regards to this being the Memphis Forum

Burton upon Trent...
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

Have booked this trip for March 2014 with Archers.... any advice? What to pack? what not to miss? Chicago via Memphis and Nashville - down to New Orleans Mid to end of March.

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
34 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

Can I ask you if you booked this tour as my wife and I (from Aberdeen) are booked on this for three weeks from early April. Any tips, guidance, places to go etc would be greatly appreciated!

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
34 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

Would love to hear of any replies you have received as we are booked on this very same tour, 30th April for three weeks ( extra days added in New Orleans)!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

...why not judge a person by the content of what they say and not the sound of their voice....very unfair on Brenda...if you listened hard she had some great insight and knowledge of the history of the midwest and south..I thought her hosting was excellent but .then again it depends on one's taste and IQ level doesnt it?

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

That Southern Music medley sounds absolutely fabulous! How do i get on that!

Im going for a week to Memphis in September this year and i cant wait!! Im already there mentally, my body will follow in 6 months.

Ive watched the blues programmes on around xmas time on BB4 and the Muscle Shoals too, i want to go there as well to see the Fame studio. You had a great time doing that.

I dont think i'll fit everything in though as it's Stax museum first, Gibson guitar factory, Rock n Soul museum, The Zoo, lorrainre motel, Sun Studio, Graceland, Slave trail, bit of a blues trail, a steamboat ride and bb king's at night, oh, and a fluffy toy, ;0)

Burton upon Trent...
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

Just got back from this tour... absolutely wonderful..... everything they describe on the itinerary and more! Our tour director - Eileen - was amazing and provided us with so much information - videos as we travelled along, info handouts every day and much much more. She was a mine of information. The hotels were all good. 2 breakfasts and 1 dinner added at no cost.Very full on tour - expect to be tired at the end!! But you see and do so much. This is an amazing value-for-money tour, No complaints whatsoever. Nashville and Memphis were the highlights for me..... be sure to visit the Lorraine Motel and Civil Rights Centre in Memphis on your free time if you're interested in Martin L King etc. . Pre-book if you want to visit the Gibson factory - fully booked when we arrived. I'll be happy to answer any questions if you mail me.

29. Re: dixieland and rhythms - archers direct tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 06, 2015