We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekday evenings

Which Memphis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
225 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weekday evenings

Since we are arriving on a Monday late afternoon, what would we be able to do in the evening? I understand that Beale St is dead earlier in the week so I have Monday and Tuesday night to fill, after the dinner hour. We don't just want to coop up in the room. But also don't want to stray too far. We are staying at the comfort inn downtown. any suggestions appreciated.

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekday evenings

I don't know who said Beale St was "dead" early in the week. Of course it's not as busy as it would be on a Saturday night, but there will still be people out. Every place will still be open as well. If you are looking for somewhere with a lot of people, just walk around Beale and downtown until you find somewhere busy. There are a few restaurants/bars on Main St as well. Peabody Mall also has some. The Flying Saucer is always busy no matter what the night. Swig, Bluefin, Hooters, Jillians, BB Kings, Automatic Slim's, Huey's...those are places that seem to have people there all the time. They are all restaurants mainly, with bars.

pbz
Chicago
Level Contributor
436 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekday evenings

YMMV but I'm willing to stand by that comment: Beale is dead on Mondays. Go any other night of the week. Gets livelier every night as you head towards Saturday.

/pbz

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekday evenings

I agree that Beale Street gets more crowded later in the week. But if you want to go out on a Monday, there isn't going to be anywhere else in town that is more lively. Check downtownmemphis.com to see if there is anything else going on that week. Just like in any city, Monday is probably the deadest night anywhere.