We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelorette Party

Which Memphis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St Louis, MO
3 posts
Save Topic
Bachelorette Party

We are going to Memphis in July to celebrate a friends bachelorette party..we are looking to party on Beale street and also have a nice dinner one night. Where is the best place to stay within walking distance to Beale street? Any restaurant suggestions?

Thanks

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachelorette Party

I would suggest the Hampton Inn on Peabody between 2nd and 3rd. It's the closest to Beale and moderately priced. You could potentially get a room with a balcony overlooking Beale/3rd street too. After that, the Peabody and the Madison are the cities nicest, most priciest hotels in town. Would be within walking distance for sure. Radison/Doubletree (don't know which it's called now) would be good to look into.

Restaurants: Automatic Slim's is good, but not for huge groups. Stella. Cafe 61. Texas de Brazil if you like to eat a looot of meat. Bluefin. Jillian's is fun, but is more of a sports bar/restaurant. Just depends on the type of food you are looking to eat.

St Louis, MO
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachelorette Party

Thanks pearlbob! I was thinking the Hampton...so that helps me out. I will check out the restaurants you suggested online.

Memphis
Level Contributor
382 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bachelorette Party

Definitely try out Swig...our new martini bar. It is within walking distance of Beale.

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bachelorette Party

Good suggestion, Swig is a swanky new bar that serves great martinis. It would be a good place to start off a girls night. They have some food, and a sushi bar. Or Bluefin (although I've never been) is another new ultracool bar with beds and couches and the like, with sushi and pizza. They are a block or 2 from each other.

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bachelorette Party

Bluefin would be fun for dinner (good sushi and pizza). It has a fun, funky vibe.

Oh, also try Encore. It just opened in Peabody Place. It also has a modern ambiance, great food with realistic prices. www.opentable.com/rest_profile.aspx?rid=5390

Or check out Lolo's Table …commercialappeal.com/guide/…001597.html on Monroe near Second St. Also a fairly resonable, nice dinning experience.

Some of the other restaurants downtown like Automatic Slims, Stella, Felicia Suzannes and McEwen's may be a bit too much for your group. I'm sure yall don't want to break the bank!

On Beale Street I recommend Alfred's and Club 152 for dancing, Silky's or Pat O'Brien's for piano bar. Silky's charges a cover Pat O's usually doesn't.

You may also want to check out Raiford's Hollywood Disco. It is about 4 blocks from Beale, but you may want to take the trolley south to Vance. At Vance go east (towards Beale) and it is at the interection of Vance and Mulberry. This part of Main Street isn't built up like the rest yet so you may feel safer taking the trolley rather than walking from Beale.

Raiford's is awesome and no trip to Memphis is complete without going. Just make sure you have cash on you to pay cover and to buy drinks (they only sell beer). It is unlike any other bar you have ever been to!

If you are in town for the last Friday of the month you should check out South Main Trolley Night (www.southmainmemphis.org). Take the trolley to south main where all the shop and galleries are open and you can walk from place to place and take the trolley back north up main. July 2005, trolley night turned into this huge block party, a great crowd.

Also visit www.downtownmemphis.com and see what else is going on while you're in town.

St Louis, MO
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bachelorette Party

Thanks so much for all the great advice memdemle!!

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Bachelorette Party

We've stayed at the Hampton Inn several times and while it's in a great location, it's not always a bargain. Rooms range from $169 to $249!

Our current favorite (and they change often) is the Marriott Residence Inn. It's within walking distance of Beale Street and has a great rooftop with a tiny pool and lots of tables and chairs and a great view of the river. Also a wonderful free breakfast and full kitchens in every room.