We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any advice on Memphis appeciated.

UK
11 posts
Save Topic
Any advice on Memphis appeciated.

Hi.

I'm off to Memphis at the end of next month with my friend to fulfill a life long dream.

Can anyone offer any recommendations for good hotels in Memphis?

We would like to be near to Graceland and must see everything to do with Elvis while there.

Is it easy to travel around over there without a car?

We are thinking of booking Heartbreak Hotel.

Would it be best to book tickets in advance for the Elvis tour or should we wait until we get there?

Any advice from fellow Elvis fans would be graetly appreciated.

Becky XX

Chandler, AZ
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: Any advice on Memphis appeciated.

I strongly suggest you rethink staying at The Heartbreak Hotel! I am a HUGE Elvis fan and going to Memphis was one of the greatest trips I have ever taken. We originally booked The Heartbreak Hotel, but switched to Downtown due to the location of Graceland...THANK GOD we did!!!! We stayed at the Peabody Hotel, but I would recommend staying at The Hampton Inn Downtown, it's next to The Peabody (which in my opinion is over priced)...Elvis was Memphis...Memphis is not Elvis...Graceland is a great day trip! You get that commercial Mickey Mouse feeling there after too long...go see the house, plane, car collection, etc. Then go back to Beale Street and really see what influenced Elvis!

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Any advice on Memphis appeciated.

Couldn't agree more!!!!