We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memphis and Graceland.

england
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Memphis and Graceland.

Hi, Thanks for replys regarding memphis. We arrive on November 1st. We have tickets for Gaceland for the 3rd. We are staying at the Downtown Doubletree Union Avenue. Can we get a bus near the Hotel to Graceland?.Is there a Tourist Office Downtown?. This question may be a 1st for the Forum. I enjoy a Gin and Tonic, when we were in Las VegasI couldn`t get a decent one, meaning being able to taste there was actually Gin in the tonic!!, then somebody told me to say"heavy on the Gin". Does this apply to Memphis too?, Cheers, Watkinson.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Memphis and Graceland.

Some places use measured shots, meaning you get 1 1/2 ounces of gin or whatever you choose, no more and no less than that. In other bars/restaurants the bartenders free pour the drinks...in that case you usually get a generous amount in your drink. Go ahead and ask though, nothing wrong in that. However, you may end up with a gin and tonic that is too strong! If that happens, just ask them to bring you a little more tonic water.

St. John
Level Contributor
569 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Memphis and Graceland.

Hi watkinson, I don't know about the bus, but you can use Blues City Tours...hotel said they will pick you up there, and take you to Graceland. You might want to check that out. For tourist info, here are a couple of good sites, http://www.memphistravel.com/ and

http://www.allabout-memphis.com/. Your G&T question, I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask, like gabbygambler said. :-) I imagine you'll like the Peabody lobby bar and Swigs in downtown. Cheers!

St. John
Level Contributor
569 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Memphis and Graceland.

Should also mention that FeleciaSuzanne's downtown would be a lovely place to enjoy your g&t (no worries about the excellence of anything you order there either, g&t or otherwise :-) Not far from where you are staying at all.

http://www.feliciasuzanne.com

england
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Memphis and Graceland.

Hi, Thanks for the info you gave me, very helpful indeed. Very relieved to know I can have a few decent gin and tonics after a hard day enjoying ourselves!!!. Cheers, Pat Watkinson.

Memphis
Level Contributor
675 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Memphis and Graceland.

swig is a good option. It is a martini bar near Peabody Place. If you want to catch the city bus walk to the Main Street trolley and get on it riding north toward the Pinch District. It will take you the the North End bus terminal where you can get on a bus for anywhere in the city.

There are two visitor center options in downtown. The main visitor center is at the bottom of Jefferson Avenue on the west side of Riverside Drive. They will have everything there you could need. Also on Main Street at Adams and Main is the offices of the Center City Commission. They will have information about Downtown. that is also the headquarters of the Blue Suede Brigade, a group of people who walk the streets of downtown, really Main Street, to give visitors information. They wear a white brimmed hat and are very friendly.