We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying att heartbreak hotel

sheffield england
Level Contributor
899 posts
39 reviews
staying att heartbreak hotel

We are going to be staying at heartbreak hotel for two nights, and doing an early Graceland tour, 9.30 ish (already booked). By lunchtime we will want to go downtown to eat and do the Sun Studios tour, see Beale Street etc. This the only full days we are going to have so want to make the most of it. We will have a car but don't particularly want to take it downtown. I have seen on other posts there is a shuttle to Graceland from downtown including the Sun Studios tour. Can you pick it up at Graceland to go into the city. Once there, is there any transportation to get back to the hotel (other than a taxi). We don't plan to be too late downtown but want to take advantage of the live music and the night tine atmosphere. At the same time don't want to run into trouble. We have visited the USA many times but have not been to Memphis before. All advice re a whistle stop tour of Memphis welcome.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: staying att heartbreak hotel

Check with the HeartBreak Hotel, they do a shuttle for Beale Street in the evening. We have never used it so I am not sure if you have to book a seat or if it's first come first served (like the Sun Studio shuttle)

You could get the last Sun tour and stay on Beale Street and then get the hotel shuttle back. Yes you can get the Sun bus at Graceland, it's on the plaza near the ticket office.

Enjoy Memphis, you will love it.

Did you know you can walk up to the graves in the mornings from 7.30am to 8.30am, it's the only chance you will get to actually walk up to Graceland, after that time, you have to go over on the bus. It's a nice feeling walking up to the house and taking some pictures.

Oulu, Finland
Level Contributor
71 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: staying att heartbreak hotel

You'll have to hurry if you are planning to go to Graceland 9.30am and get to Beale Street by lunch time. If you are going to see all the different displays and check the gift shops you'll need to reserve half a day just for Graceland. It took me about six hours, but I'm a huge Elvis fan I checked everything pretty closely.

Barnhart
Level Contributor
605 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: staying att heartbreak hotel

Yes, we're casual fans, did the Graceland Platinum Tour recently, and we still spent about 4 hours there.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
138 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: staying att heartbreak hotel

Hello the oldgits

We did the mansion part of the tour in the morning then took the sun shuttle to the studio and then came back and did the rest of the graceland tour in the afternoon.

The sun shuttle will drop you off downtown though and the HBH shuttle does start to pick up from beale street early pm.

all the best

HeathersDad

5. Re: staying att heartbreak hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, October 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Memphis