We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

graceland area

uk
5 posts
Save Topic
graceland area

thanks steve for your advice,

we are staying for 3 nights in memphis then we are going on to orlando staying for 1 week staying at the travelodge international drive.

Memphis
Level Contributor
675 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: graceland area

Staying three nights I definitely recommend staying in downtown. I would assume that most of the sites you will be visiting that are not called Graceland will be in Downtown.

Gloucester, England
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: graceland area

Hi neddie,

No problem - as Lawed13 mentioned (and let's face it he/she's the expert!) you're probably gonna be better staying in Downtown Memphis as opposed to the Graceland area. This will give you the opportunity to visit Beale Street in the evenings (an experience not to be missed) and also some of the great restaurants/bars in the downtown area. Whilst Graceland is a fantastic place to visit there is so much more to Memphis than just that one attraction.

If you didn't want to stay in the heart of the City there are hotels which are only a small cab fare or 15 minute walk away - I've stayed at the Wyndham, my review is here tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g55197-d1051… or there is also the Marriot tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g55197-d98039-R… which is convenient as it's right on a trolley stop that can take you to the centre of the downtown area.

Have a good trip!

Steve

Get answers to your questions about Memphis