We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food in Memphis

Which Memphis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Memphis
Level Contributor
673 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Food in Memphis

I randomly just saw this on Trip Advisor and thought I would share with the rest of you.

They have a Top 10 list of destinations for food lovers. It says "If you crave a vacation of culinary delights, escape to one of our favorite 'foodie' destinations."

The list:

1. Paris

2. Rome

3. New York City

4. Florence

5. New Orleans

6. Cabo San Lucas

7. MEMPHIS

8. Miami Beach

9. Philadelphia

10. San Francisco

germantown
Level Contributor
147 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Food in Memphis

Also for the record:

I could not care less whether a local Memphian "respects" my opinion about travel, food, entertainment, education, religion, government, etc. etc.....

Heck, no one even has the "like" my opinion either....lol....it's foolish to suggest that opinions somehow must be "accepted".......THEY DON"T.....

germantown
Level Contributor
147 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Food in Memphis

For the record:

The Shekelmeister's "opinions' are not targeted to "locals"...they are targeted to inquriing "travelers" to Memphis.......if by chance "fellow Memphians" are somehow "insulted" by my opinions, gee, that's too bad, we all have different tastes, expectations, experieinces, exposures, travel histories, residential histories, etc......(well, maybe not in Memphis...it's pretty homogenous to say the least).....

I'm not intersted in "pleasing" any reader...my interests are in sharing travel experiences and providing my opinion...I don't seek "permission" to do so, and I certainly don't seek "approval" for the exercise of reasonable, free speech!!

ENJOY !

Memphis
Level Contributor
673 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Food in Memphis

Thanks for clearing that up.

germantown
Level Contributor
147 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Food in Memphis

Went by to say hello to Rick Farmer and his wife over at JARRETT's on this past Saturday night.....

I asked him what was the freshest fish, he said he would cook me a crusted Tuna dish.....

The only thing I can say is that it was very well-prepared...this place reamins underappreciated in Memphis...too bad......great imagination and fresh thinking to boot.....

At least today, in Florida, I will not have to "hunt" for "another Jarrett's" at which to dine, if I so choose...

Rick does a very good job indeed

ENJOY!