We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beale Street First Visit

Mo
9 posts
Save Topic
Beale Street First Visit

Hi-Does anyone out there have suggestions for a nice but not pricy place to stay very near Beale St. Heard it's fun and thought we'd give it a try in our old age. Thanks,

arlington
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Beale Street First Visit

Hi, I live in Memphis and there is a Hampton Inn right on Beale Street, it is not very old and it is very nice. Hope you enjoy your trip and be sure to go to Blue City Cafe on Beale Street the food is wonderful!

Mentioned in this post
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
Beale Street
Beale Street
6,719 Reviews
Memphis, TN
Memphis
Level Contributor
675 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beale Street First Visit

You could go back on this forum and check some previous posts about downtown hotels. You could look at www.downtownmemphis.com and look at thier hotel listings. I'm not sure about price, but there are several hotels within walking distance to Beale. You could stay at some of the hotels around court Square and either walk about five blocks down Main Street or just hop on the trolley that will take you to Beale.

Newton, KS
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beale Street First Visit

we just got back from Memphis. We looked and looked for a downtown hotel that we thought was worth the price and just didnt find anything. We ended up staying in East Memphis at the Park Place Hotel. It's on Poplar and you can take it straight to downtown - takes 20-30 minutes depending on traffic but we felt it was worth it. It was newly renovated, clean and very nice for about $100 a night cheaper than any downtown hotel.

I can understand why you would want to stay and walk but we parked at the Peabody Hotel parking and it was super easy for us.

You will love Beale Street - at night - it is awesome, especially on the weekend. ENJOY!

Mentioned in this post
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
The Peabody Ducks
The Peabody Ducks
5,041 Reviews
Memphis, TN
Beale Street
Beale Street
6,719 Reviews
Memphis, TN
Mo
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beale Street First Visit

Thanks to all- looking forward to our first visit!!!

Madeira Beach...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Beale Street First Visit

Just be very careful if you`re walking at night (OR daytime) in Memphis. Crime is a MAJOR problem everywhere here, and Beale street can be quite a concern.

Mentioned in this post
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
Beale Street
Beale Street
6,719 Reviews
Memphis, TN
Newton, KS
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beale Street First Visit

We felt VERY safe in ALL of Memphis - especially Beale Street. On Friday night there were lots of police patroling but there were no altercations.

I never once felt scared or nervous or anything, it was very comfortable and we were there until after 1am.

That's our experience.

Mentioned in this post
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
Beale Street
Beale Street
6,719 Reviews
Memphis, TN
Mo
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beale Street First Visit

Thanks again- we'll do both- have fun and be careful. (And I'm sure we'll won't be out very late) Thanks to all,

germantown
Level Contributor
147 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beale Street First Visit

The facts are that the Memphis MSA is a dangerous place...just be careful...heck, the day before there was a murder in Collierville a nice pricey suburb out east side past Germantown..... two kids killed and their mother who worked at a popular but sleezy "strip club" here in Memphis.....It doesn't matter if you stay near Beale St...it's all pretty dangerous to some degree...but some of the sites (drunks and all) can be fun.....in your old age...hmmm...I guess..

ENJOY!

Mentioned in this post
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
Germantown
Germantown
Tennessee
Maplewood, Minnesota
Level Contributor
81 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beale Street First Visit

I'm with rankinjr, my wife and I we on Beale to near midnight on a Friday and a Saturday and never once felt threatened or afraid. There are so many people around and a Police substation is located right on Beale St. Have fun!!! We both loved Memphis and rode the Trolley to get closer to the places we wanted to visit.

Mentioned in this post
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
St. John
Level Contributor
569 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beale Street First Visit

Hi White Bear - hope you get to come back to Memphis soon!

Mentioned in this post
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee