We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel close to Memphis Botanic Garden

Which Memphis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Woodbury, TN
2 posts
Save Topic
Hotel close to Memphis Botanic Garden

Help! I'm going to a concert @ the Botanic Garden and am needing a hotel within close distance of the concert venue. Anyone out there that can help me? Thanks

Memphis
Level Contributor
675 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel close to Memphis Botanic Garden

I only have a minute to respond but how close do you want it? I can't think of one that would necessarily be within walking distance but there are a couple on Poplar, they might have Sanderlin addresses, that would be within a mile or so. Also there is a Holiday Inn at the University of Memphis that would be about 2 miles to the west. This might sound dumb, but since I don't have time to look something up today (I'm about to walk out the door) you could get on www.malco.com, get the address for the Paradiso theater and then do a hotel search for Memphis on hotels.com or another site. If you come across some hotels that are close to the Paradiso then you're in luck. I will try to research this for you tomorrow.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel close to Memphis Botanic Garden

There's not much nearby, certainly nothing within walking distance, if that's what you're thinking. The Holiday Inn at U of Memphis would be the closest, followed by the Doubletree East on Sanderlin. Haven't stayed at either, so can't comment on their merits -- check the reviews here and elsewhere. I've had occasion recently to be onsite for a week or so at a time doing consulting at two major companies within a mile or so of the Botanic Garden; in one case, the company explicitly requested that I stay at the Hampton Inn on Perkins at I-240 (Thousand Oaks). It's reasonably close, and typically about $75/night, but the area around it is in a downhill spiral, and you might or might not feel comfortable coming back to it late at night after a concert. In the other case, and on another occasion when my flight home got cancelled and I had to stay over until the next morning, I stayed at the Hampton Inn on Poplar. It's fully up to the chain's standards in every respect, is in an area that at least feels much safer than the HI on Perkins, and the staff has always been friendly and helpful in my experience. Rate is usually around $85/night. It'd be a straight shot east on Park from the Botanic Garden to White Station, left on White Station to Poplar, and then right on Poplar and left at the next light into the hotel. Distance is about 2 miles. If I were in your position, it'd probably be my first choice.