We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay

My daughter and I are coming to Memphis the first week in April. We have reservations at the Hampton Inn on Beale st, but the room is very expensive. I'm looking for a safe hotel, in a quite location, with ammenities such as a fridge. We won't be driving, so location is a must. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

Residence Inn on Monroe has full kitchens in all their rooms. That is the only place downtown that would have fridges.

You could probably request a fridge at some of the others, and see if they could deliver it to your room, for a fee I am sure. Some hotels have them upon request.

Otherwise, Hampton is very expensive. It is also very loud, as it is right on Beale where there are thousands of people drinking and partying all night long. It is NOT a quiet location at all. At all.

Residence Inn would be quiet. Springhill Suites is on the trolley line and would be quieter. Sleep Inn is next door, but it not as nice as the others. Comfort Inn would be quiet, but again not as nice. Just depends on what you are looking for; those most likely would not offer any of the ammenities that Hampton or Residence would.

There is also Peabody and Madison, both very expensive. Doubletree would be sort of loud. Holiday Inn I know nothing about and have never heard a review on here. I would look into the Residence Inn if I were you.

2. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 19, 2009