We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wood with stream

sunderland
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Topic
wood with stream

could someone tell me what the name of the forest/wood is where you can drive all the way through by car, its a bit bumpy in places but has a stream running through it where you can find otters (I think). We have been through it a few times but on our last visit we went to Mabie by mistake. We are staying in Kippford and we know it is in that area! It is quite a big forest with a long forest drive and has picnic tables along the way. I am sure this is probably true of every forest in Scotland but we are desperate to go back to this one. any help is great, I will recognise the name!

1 reply
Kippford, United...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: wood with stream

Hi,

I am pretty sure you are talking about the Raiders Road through the Galloway forest park. The place with the stream is called the Otter Pool, although I dont think you will see many otters at it as it is so busy in the summer. It is a lovely drive and wonderful scenery though.

gallowayforestpark.com/item-9-raiders-road

Ella

Edited: 11:03 am, May 31, 2014
Reply to: wood with stream
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dalbeattie