We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryder cup 2014

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Ryder cup 2014

Hi - please can anyone tell me if Lochearnhead would be a reasonable base to stay for the Ryder Cup event, and what it would be like getting to Gleneagles from there.

Thanks

15 replies to this topic
Columbus, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Ryder cup 2014

We will be going to the Ryder Cup and was looking at staying in Glasgow and taking a train to Gleneagles. Is this a bad idea?

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ryder cup 2014

Not a bad idea. I suspect there will be many people doing the same thing.

There will be extra dedicated trains for the event so a pretty good option actually.

scotland
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ryder cup 2014

Balloch, Loch Lomond is a great base and fantastic courses to enjoy too and a great big plus is the scenery. Only about an hour from Gleneagles and Park and Ride at Stirling to Gleneagles is only 35/40 mins from Balloch.Glasgow airport is just 20/25 mins drive away and also a direct train takes you to Glasgow City Centre. So easy!!!!

14. Re: Ryder cup 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:27 am, December 14, 2014

East Kilbride
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Ryder cup 2014

The modern self catering Tayview Lodges just off the A9 at Guay near Dunkeld are a great place to stay. Gleneagles is around 30 miles away. If you want to have a golfing holiday Dunkeld Golf Club is 41/2 miles and Pitlochry Golf Club is 7 miles from Guay. There are lots of places of interest in the nearby towns and villages. 2 of my many favourite not to miss visits are The Moulin Inn 2 miles from Pitlochry - the food is delicious and there is a great range of beers, wine and spirits. McDonald's Butchers in Pitlochry is where I always go when I arrive to get sausage, bacon etc. for breakfast at the lodge, and a return visit before I leave for a supply of their venison pies to take home to put in my freezer, they are great.

Tayview Lodges are good for short breaks too, being only 11/2 hours from Edinburgh and Glasgow they are ideal for friends family get togethers. Enjoy your trip to Pethshire.

H.

Reply to: Ryder cup 2014
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lochearnhead
Recent Conversations