We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loch Lomond with dogs

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Loch Lomond with dogs

Hi,

My fiance and I are thinking of booking a holiday in the Loch Lomond area later in the year and would like to take our dog with us. Can anyone recommend a good location for us to choose in terms of there being a couple of pet-friendly pubs around? Accommodation doesn't seem to be too much of an issue as a quick Google search brought up plenty of options, but I don't want us to then get there and find we can't take our dog inside anywhere.

Thanks,

Abbie

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loch Lomond with dogs

I am afraid I don't know the area but country pubs are usually more pliable with dogs I find. I expect they get plenty of walkers in the area and they are often with dogs. If I was you I would look at where you want to stay and then maybe call one or two pubs in the area to check.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Loch Lomond with dogs

I am afraid I don't know the area but country pubs are usually more pliable with dogs I find. I expect they get plenty of walkers in the area and they are often with dogs. If I was you I would look at where you want to stay and then maybe call one or two pubs in the area to check.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Loch Lomond with dogs

Try investing in the AA 'Pet Friendly Places to Stay' which contains information on Pubs, B&Bs and Hotels across the UK that allow pets, and moreover in many cases will give you additional information on any resident animals.

In the Loch Lomond area, to my knowledge the Drovers Inn is pet friendly, the Tarbet Hotel I believe, and upon opening in July, 2012, the Loch Lomond Arms will also allow well behaved dogs..

4. Re: Loch Lomond with dogs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, June 27, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Loch Lomond and The...