We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Oban to craignure

1 post
Save Topic
Ferry from Oban to craignure

Is there more than one ferry company operating between oban and the isle of mull. The prices seem quite high for what is essentially a 4 or 5 hour stay on the island.

East Calder, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ferry from Oban to craignure

Just turn up and pay, in Oban

Catterick, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ferry from Oban to craignure

Can any one help please ?.Im going to mull in june to do a cycle race .I need to know the cheapest way to get to tobermory ,ferry times , price ect, as thats where im staying in a bed and breakfast and the race starts and finnishes .Im traveling from the north east of england so will be doing a lot of driving .Im stopping for 2 days any ideas folks.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,053 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ferry from Oban to craignure

Go to the Calmac ferry site, and choose your ferry route. There are 2 or 3.

Do you need the car?. if not, leave it on the mainland and go as foot passenger.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ferry from Oban to craignure

2 years too late

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,053 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Ferry from Oban to craignure

@scottishlassie -

Why is it two years too late? The latest question was today?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Ferry from Oban to craignure

I understood this to be a reply to my question, sorry

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
12,717 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Ferry from Oban to craignure

You didn't ask a question ...

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,920 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Ferry from Oban to craignure

...and this is why it's usually a good idea to always start a new thread, rather than tack a new question onto an old one.

@mark s, it really depends if you want to take the car or not. I assume you are bringing your own bike on your car. If you are bringing your own car, the cheapest way is probably to drive to Lochaline and get the ferry to Fishnish. I say "probably" as you have to add in the cost of petrol and the Corran ferry over the more standard Oban to Craignure route. You can also go one way and back the other with an "Island Hopscotch" ticket.

Another option, which may work out cheaper but depends on how much driving you want to do, is to drive all the way to Kilchoan on the Ardnamurchan peninsula. Leave your car there and bring your bike straight into Tobermory on the Kilchoan-Tobermory ferry. But that is one long drive!

See www.calmac.co.uk for ferry info. Although the summer timetables are not yet published, you can see the times by starting a dummy booking, or you can always phone them.

19. Re: Ferry from Oban to craignure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, September 02, 2016