We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lido gutted by fire

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,821 posts
297 reviews
Save Topic
Lido gutted by fire

Sad to hear Troon lost one of its bigger restaurants today. Not sure how the fire started, but it looks like it will be out of action for quite a long time.

www.flickr.com/photos/mjsferrier/6822780191/

11. Re: Lido gutted by fire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, February 06, 2012
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Lido gutted by fire

My favourite restaurant in the world. So sorry. Thinking about all the management and staff st this very sad time. Will definitely make a point of coming back to Scotland when you launch your new place. Good luck.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,821 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Lido gutted by fire

It really is a shame. I had the most awful pizza I've ever eaten at Lido, smothered in the most pungent cheese I've ever tasted, but the place was smart and the other food looked delicous. I hope they make a swift recovery and re-open soon.

btw what the heck has happened to this thread. Were there offensive posts in the last couple of days?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,789 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Lido gutted by fire

So the Troon Mafia is just as active as ever?

lol !

15. Re: Lido gutted by fire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, May 13, 2014