We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

self-catering near Durness

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
self-catering near Durness

I am planning a week's self catering holiday somewhere in the Northern Highlands in early July, with my husband. We are looking for a cottage in a quiet, scenic area- enjoy walking, beaches, picnics , pubs.Any advice about the most scenic or picturesque area - the area around Durness looks promising?

4 replies to this topic
1. Re: self-catering near Durness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, March 13, 2012

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,985 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: self-catering near Durness

You can't advertise your own property here Mary. Your post will most likely be removed

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
14,630 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: self-catering near Durness

It's certainly quiet and scenic.

It might be *too* quiet.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,985 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: self-catering near Durness

I think Durness would give you everything you've asked for but not the pubs. You might find a bar in a hotel but if you are interested in pubs (plural) you might be best to be in or near a town.

Most small towns in the highlands with several pubs are within striking distance of fab scenery. The beaches in the Durness area are amazing though

Edited: 3:16 am, March 14, 2012
Reply to: self-catering near Durness
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Durness