We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moncrieff family

Which Crieff hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Worthing, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Moncrieff family

I am trying to research my great grandmother, Elizabeth Moncrieff, who originally came from this area. My family believe that her family owned a large mansion house or castle and I would like to hear from anyone who can supply me with additional information. Thank you.

Crathie
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Moncrieff family

You could try contacting these people who may be able to help.

http://www.safhs.org.uk/

I know little about Crieff so am unable to reply to your question in more detail.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moncrieff family

You could try calling the people with that surname in the area too. They may know a bit more. Try BT directories but don't limit it to the people in Crieff, look for some other towns in the area too.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
964 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moncrieff family

A good starting point is the www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk website.

Kinross, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Moncrieff family

By your spelling ie not ei you probably came from Bridge of Earn.

As for the Castle it is a B & B "Tulliebole" try and search on this site.

5. Re: Moncrieff family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, March 09, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Crieff