We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westray what a wonderful Island and so much to see and do.

Orphir, United...
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Westray what a wonderful Island and so much to see and do.

We were very lucky to have a wonderful day trip to this Island with The Orkney Tourism Group. On the Island we had fantastic fish and chips at Orkney's number 1 restaurant for fish and chips. We were shown around Castles, were to see Puffins from April to late July. Them we were shown around some of the accommodation available on the Island. What a choice there is from renovated cottages to Old 19th century Mills. Then we were shown around craft shops and Galleries. What a day. There is even a Fairy Museum on the Island, apparently the only one in Europe. Thank you Westray for showing Orkney Toruism Group some of your wonderful sites.

Glens Falls, New...
Level Contributor
375 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Westray what a wonderful Island and so much to see and do.

Thanks for your help...I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions as time goes by!!

Orphir, United...
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Westray what a wonderful Island and so much to see and do.

Hi Jane, any persons can ask for help, you would be most welcome to contact me again if I can be of futher assistance to you, I will find out if I don't know what you are needing help with.

Best wishes

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Westray what a wonderful Island and so much to see and do.

I have got to throw in one other from my visit of those years ago;

We landed off the ferry and had arranged for taxi (it was an old black cab) to take us to the rented cottage and en-route asked when the bank might be open, knowing it was only now and then it was staffed, as we were getting a little short on cash (this is pre hole in the wall days!) so the taxi driver opens an old tobacco tin, which has a wad of notes and says "Do you need any money? Take what you need and pay me back as you leave". And we had only met him 10 minutes earlier!

Orphir, United...
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Westray what a wonderful Island and so much to see and do.

Most placeswould do cash back if you spend over a £10.00.

Handy to know for th future.

Best Wishes

15. Re: Westray what a wonderful Island and so much to see and do.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, October 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Westray