We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Lynchburg

Brazil
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting to Lynchburg

How do I get to Lynchburg from Nashville? I am not riding a car... Are there any buses or shuttles (especially from the international airport)?

Thanks!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Lynchburg

Hi BMFontes,

As far as I know, there is not a bus or shuttle to Lynchburg. Are you wanting to go there to be a tourist and visit the distillery and town for a few hours? Or, stay there for more than a few hours?

Bob

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Lynchburg

I don't know of any buses or shuttles that go from Nashville airport to Lynchburg. There is several car rental companies around the airport where you can rent a car. A taxi cab could also take you but getting back to Nashville might be a problem cause I don't think Lynchburg has taxi's. Several ways to get to Lynchburg from Nashville. You will need to get on I-24, going south/east (towards Chattanooga) You can get off at exit 81 in Murfreesboro, onto highway 231, go south into Fayetville TN. and then take highway 50 into Lynchburg OR you can stay on I-24 and go to exit 111 and get off onto highway 55 South, go through Manchester TN., Tullahoma TN., and just stay on highway 55 and you will end up in Lynchburg. (Highway 50 and highway 55 are same road, it changes some where in between)

Brazil
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Lynchburg

Hi, Bob,

Yes, I am going to visit the distillery _and would like to spend a little bit more of time walking around the city.Then I'd get back to Nashville. Can you help me with that?

Thanks!

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,975 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Lynchburg

Grayline Tours is the only option I know of. They pick you up at your hotel on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday. $45 for a 6 hour trip. Here's the web page info:

grayline.com/Grayline/…

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Lynchburg

Depending on your answer, I was going to suggest the exact same as coastermeister. If you will flying in to the airport on one of those days in time for the tour, you may want to call them and see if they will pick you up at the airport, then drop you off at your local hotel or back at the airport. Or, if you get a hotel shuttle or taxi to your hotel, there will probably not be a problem for them to pick you up.

Bob

6. Re: Getting to Lynchburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, December 07, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Lynchburg