We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

woolacombe sands - size of camping pitch!

swansea
7 posts
Save Topic
woolacombe sands - size of camping pitch!

hi there- does anyone know how strict the restrictions are on the pitch size at woolacombe? when i booked they told us 32 ' by 12' but the tent we want to buy is a bit bigger than that! thanks...

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hoods Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,875 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: woolacombe sands - size of camping pitch!

As far as I am aware the pitches are fairly flexible - it is a narrow-ish field and obviously most people have a tent and a car, but I doubt they will be counting the inches!

Beds, UK.
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: woolacombe sands - size of camping pitch!

Hi - Prob too late now but we have a large tent and were put onto the bottom meadow but the toilets/showers down there are old, dirty and v cramped! On the plus side its a nice 15 min walk to the beach, good swiming pool and lively entertainment.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: woolacombe sands - size of camping pitch!

we have just returned from woolacombe sands holiday park on a Sun holiday from monday to friday. the camp is smaller than others we have stayed at so not so many facilites, nice swimming pool and there is a bowling alley as well as small amusements arcade.

our caravan was nice and clean and well speccedwith a flat screenapprox 24 in tv and all usual things,microwave,fridge, shower etc.

the staff were all friendly and helpful, we had a problem with our van at first and we were moved next door straight away without any complaints.

we had an amazing view over the bay and it was a pleasure to open the curtains in the morning to see the sea and rolling fields. I would estimate a good 15 min walk down to the beach but it is uphill all the way and not for the faint hearts like us coming back,haha. however there is an hourly bus to woolacombe which also goes to ilfracombe or barnstaple.

the entertainment was only just average but then again it is late in the year and maybe it is different in main season. the bar was very good and beer tasty and well drinkable,price as you would expect,bitter was approaching £3 pint.

not too much to do in the town but the walks and views are lovely.

4. Re: woolacombe sands - size of camping pitch!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 08, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Woolacombe