We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

devon cliffs site,caravans, etc...

Which Exmouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kent
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
devon cliffs site,caravans, etc...

Hi I heard that the site is quite pricey for drinks, food etc... is this true?? we are going july 29th for a week with our 5 kids who's ages are 3, 6, 8, 12, and 13 could anyone tell me if there are decent size freezer in the caravans as i will need to stock up, also, someone else mentioned a Tesco nearby, how near is it and is it en-route?? and really any other info that you think might be relevant..

thanks Jo

Kentisbeare, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: devon cliffs site,caravans, etc...

there is a Tesco on the outskirts of Exmouth which wont be far from the site. (on the exmouth to Sidmouth road) Also a drive through macdonalds !!

With regards to prices, I think with any Haven site you will be paying pricey for takeaways, drinks, extras etc. I think you are doing the right thing by stocking up on groceries etc so by cooking some food yourself you will be cutting down on the cost of eating out. You could also venture off site occasionally for evening meals (pubs/cafes/restaurants in town).

Your kids should have a whale of a time though!

exeter
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: devon cliffs site,caravans, etc...

i there i work at haven deven cliffs as security manager the drinks and food are pricy but thats normal for holiday parks. the freezer is a good size. tesco is on the main road so you will have to pass it to come to us as there is only one way its 2 mins away from park. any further queries please ask and reply.

Devon
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: devon cliffs site,caravans, etc...

Hi Jo

There is a Tesco near to The Bay, but dont stock up on frozen food, the freezer conpartment is in the fridge, only big enough for small bag of chips and a few ice lollies. There is a chippy at littleham cross on the road to the bay, if you drive into town there are more chippys, a KFC, a wetherspoons pub and a Smith and Jones pub called the Clipper. The food is good there and not badly priced. There is a play area for the kids at the back of the pub. The Wetherspoons Pub, Powder Monkey, is priced roughly the same as Clipper, but the food has gone downhill!

On the seafront a good pub called Bath House, previously known as Deer Leap, nice to eat quite reasonable and on a nice evening you can sit outside.

I have lived in Exmouth all my life, so any questions just ask.

Hope you have a good holiday

Elley

4. Re: devon cliffs site,caravans, etc...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, September 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Exmouth