We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brixham at easter

Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Brixham at easter

Hi,

We were considering staying in Brixham over the Easter weekend. Is this a good time to go? Is there much going on and is everything open?

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brixham at easter

Everything should be open at Easter, apart from Easter Sunday,when restaurants will be open but probably not the shops. Have you been to Brixham before? Apart from shops, the odd amusement arcade and the replica Golden Hind, there isn't a lot to do apart from taking in the lovely views of Torbay and watching the boats come and go. It rather depends on what you want to do and see. The weather should be mild, but possibly not too warm.

I have a holiday home in Brixham, if you let the forum know what you want to do and see, I can be more help.

Edited: 6:10 pm, February 21, 2012
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Brixham at easter

Just to enjoy the local seafood, have a few evening drinks and enjoy the harbour really. Maybe have a drive around torbay and take in the sights. We live in London so just looking for a slow paced long weekend.

Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brixham at easter

Well, you're going to be happy with Brixham ( although being school holidays it will be busier than off season). One 'must do' would be to visit Dartmouth, just a short river ferry ride away, great restaurants, great shops and galleries and views of a busy but very attractive river. If the weather is in your favour you can't beat a leisurely boat trip up to Totnes, in fact if you want to spend a day having a laid back trip do the' Round Robin'. Steam train from Paignton ( where you can park for the day for around a fiver, cross the river on the foot ferry, boat up to Totnes( about 1.1/2 hours ) then an open top bus back to Paignton. If you get the timings right you can spend time in both Dartmouth and Totnes before continuing your journey, not cheap at about £19-£20 each but a good day out.

If you need any further help - just ask.

Bristol, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Brixham at easter

I'd like to recommend Sunnybrook guest house as a great place to stay. www.sunnybrook.co.uk

Stayed there a few times and had many happy holidays!

Andy

Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brixham at easter

I can echo Andy S, we too have stayed at Sunnybrook guest house, run by a very nice lady ( although I did think it was up for sale recently?). we stayed at the house whilst our son & his family stayed in our home ( daft parents, they got away without paying as usual!!), it was nice and comfortable and clean and nothing was too much trouble, just a short walk to town centre.

Reply to: Brixham at easter
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brixham
More Brixham Topics