We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 and 7a bus are no more

london, uk
Level Contributor
54 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
7 and 7a bus are no more

Have just returned from Guernsey, thought I would let others know about the new bus route. Neither the 7 or 7a are running anymore, the 7 route has been replaced by 91, which you catch from the bus terminal. It is the "The Guernsey Vaeux" bus designed for tourists which runs on the hour. The route takes around 1.5 hours depending on traffic.

If you buy your ticket from the bus station they will only sell you a "One Day Ticket" for £4.50, which allows you to hop on hop off along the route and also travel on other buses for the day. However, if you are visiting on a cruise and don't have much time, just buy the £2 single ticket onboard the bus, because hopping back on along the route may not be so easy... It's a long journey and we really didn't fancy standing all the way back to town!

When more than 1 ship is in port, a large number if tourists will be queueing for this 91 bus. Do not let the long queue put you off. Although the bus runs every hour, they will add extra buses until all passengers have got on!

For the best views, sit on the left side of the bus (when facing the front).

1 reply
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,902 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 and 7a bus are no more

Thanks for the heads-up, it doesn't surprise me as I thought the bus company would need to maximise its revenue. It's good that they put extra buses on when a cruise ship is in town.

In fact the change is part of a general restructuring of the Island's bus routes to provide a simplified, more comprehensive and regular service with late night buses (until 2am) on Friday and Saturday nights.

I still think £2 for a full round trip and £4.50 for the hop-on hop-off option is not a bad price. Incidentally the £4.50 day ticket is valid on all routes, not just the 'Guernsey Vaeux' route 91.

Full details of the new bus network on Guernsey:

hctgroup.org/ct_plus_guernsey/our_routes__2 (includes a link to the full timetable).

Reply to: 7 and 7a bus are no more
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St Peter Port