We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport to club hotel

Brigg, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
airport to club hotel

travelling to jersey in june and just wondered what options there are to get from the airport to the club hotel; and spa on green st please

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport to club hotel

Only really two options (from my knowledge): bus or taxi.

Taxi will take about 20-25 minutes (more if bad traffic) and cost £20 - £30 I'd imagine (never taxied that far in Jersey myself however... hopefully someone else can give you a more accurate estimation!). No need to book as there are plenty at the airport.

Buses are very regular from the airport and will drop you off just past the club hotel (ask the bus driver to stop at the stop nearest the hotel and he will let you know when to get off). You want bus number 15 and it takes about 30-35 mins and will cost £1.70 per person (alternatively you can buy unlimited bus passes for about £10 depending on how long you are staying). Website for timetable attached but it will change and buses become more regular in the summer.

I'd recommend taking a taxi. It's more expensive but buses tend to fill up in the summer (particularly the airport route which is very touristy) and if you have suitcases it can be a nightmare getting them on and off and finding space. If you don't mind a bit of physical exertion then the bus is a good option however - usually very punctual and cheap (comparatively).

http://mybus.je/

If you want any more help just let me (or the forum) know and I am sure someone will help! Also if you want confirmation of nearest bus stops/time estimates I am sure the hotel will have a much better knowledge and will be happy to help:

http://www.theclubjersey.com/contact.html

Brigg, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: airport to club hotel

thanks for your speedy response..much appreciated

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport to club hotel

Just to point out a couple of inaccuracies in the first post; a taxi to the club hotel should be just around £20, maybe a couple more in really heavy traffic, but definitely not £30.

The number 15 bus does not go as far as the Club Hotel. It stops at Liberation station from which the hotel is a 10 minute walk away.

The 3rd option would perhaps be a shared transfer which the hotel might be able to arrange for you at about £6 per person each way.

Hope this helps

Bex

Jersey
Level Contributor
156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport to club hotel

An airport taxi would be about £17 and a prebooked meet with a nameboard private hire taxi about £20.

Depends what time of the day you arrive but in June there may be a wait for airport taxis.

For complete peace of mind I would prebook a taxi

Please pm me for any more detailed information

Jersey
Level Contributor
156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport to club hotel

An airport taxi would be about £17 and a prebooked meet with a nameboard private hire taxi about £20.

Depends what time of the day you arrive but in June there may be a wait for airport taxis.

For complete peace of mind I would prebook a taxi

Please pm me for any more detailed information

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport to club hotel

Didn't want to understate the price - it can be up to £30 if bad traffic and you are getting a taxi on a weekend evening as taxi rates go up. I wouldn't take less than 30.

Also the number 15 goes very close to green street because it cuts into town prior to turning into liberation station (i get it every day - it stops about 3 minutes walk max from green street if you get off at the correct stop)

But yes, for ease I would just book a taxi as post 4 says. And be prepared to spend up to £30 on it just in case.

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport to club hotel

My apologies JFJ01. That last time I got the #15 it came straight along the Esplanade and into Lib station - perhaps that was the Express version.

8. Re: airport to club hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:41 am, June 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about St. Helier
Recent Conversations