We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend a Spa in Jersey

Which St. Helier hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
1 post
Save Topic
Recommend a Spa in Jersey

Hi,

my sister is moving to Jersey and I wanted to get her a going away present / birthday present. She loves going to Spa's and being pampered etc so I would like to get her a gift voucher for a spa in Jersey. She will be living in Jersey so she won't necessarily be staying in the hotel / spa, i'd imagine the voucher will just be used for treatments. I've looked at various spas on the web - Royal Yacht, Grand Jersey, The Club & Spa, Ayush Wellness (Hotel de France) and they all look great so I was hoping somebody could provide some sort of recommendation or any pointers in general.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend a Spa in Jersey

Hi,

The 4 you have mentioned are the 4 best ones to go for.

The best in my opinion is the Grand (voted best Residential Spa in the UK 2 years running) and their treatments are all excellent. The Spa can feel a bit dark and cut off though (its supposed to be calming, but if your sister is claustrophobic she may not like it, otherwise fine).

The Ayush Wellness is also excellent and a little bit different to the usual experience so if she is a seasoned spa goer, this will be something new to her.

The Club & Spa is also very good and has a brilliant associated restaurant and terrace bar (Bohemia).

The Royal Yacht is nice, but I would pick the other 3 first.

jersey
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend a Spa in Jersey

All four spas are very good and i am sure your sister will enjoy which ever one you choose. For my personal opinion i think Spa Sirene at The Royal Yacht is the best. When you compare treatments, decor, atmosphere and

service for me The Royal Yacht comes out on top and i have been to all the others. Spa Sirene also seems to be the most popular with locals which is always a good sign.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommend a Spa in Jersey

Bit of a difference in opinion here - I would have probably recommended the Club Hotel and Spa. Most of them either list treatments or can email you a list, so possibly make your decision on the type of pampering you require.

At leats you know all are recommended so shouldn't go wring.

One more to put into the mix is Les Roches in ST Ouen. I think they also have exclusive flats above the spa for exactly this sort of holiday.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommend a Spa in Jersey

I think the difference of opinion is because they are all good. She won't be disappointed with any of them

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommend a Spa in Jersey

I've used the Spas at both Grand Jersey and The Club, and I have to say that the former gets the prize. I think it's just a bit more indulgent and 'special' than the Club.

Afternoon tea in the Champagne Lounge afterwards is a nice little treat too :)

Edited: 11:33 am, August 20, 2010
Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommend a Spa in Jersey

Just a quick spa-related point...

I was having a look at the various Jersey spas recently and I came across the website for the Dove Spa at Red Houses, which I wasn't aware of, and, more surprisingly, my toiletry/spa/treatment addicted other half knew nothing either: http://www.dovespa.co.uk/BC_Result/Jersey

It does seem a more functional place than the others mentioned, and doesn't seem like the sort of spa you'd go to for an 'experience', but, to be fair, that doesn't seem to be their aim. As the website says: "The Dove Spa focus is on delivering results through treatments to our guests. Our facilities often do not have lounges, saunas, pools or Jacuzzis unless otherwise stated"

However! It did have an interesting offer if you join the mailing list - a 15 min consultation followed by a 30 min facial for £10. Seems like a decent deal, I'm sure there are worse ways of spending 45 mins and £10 :)

Just thought some locals/tourists/passers by might get some use out of this :)

Edited: 10:15 pm, August 20, 2010
Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommend a Spa in Jersey

I use Dove Spa and the word "spa" is probably a little pretentious :-) It does have normal treatment rooms and offers the usual manicures, pedicures, waxing, tiniting, spray tans and even colonic irrigation if that appeals :-)

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommend a Spa in Jersey

Les Roches spa out in St Ouen's is also worth considering...if you want something different from the hotel spa experience

Les Roches has an indoor swimming pool and outside area, sauna and jacuzzi. It's welcoming and very relaxing and away from the hussle and bussle of town.

Has a wide range of treatments and feels more like a small spa like you would find in the uk.

Enjoy

9. Re: Recommend a Spa in Jersey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:48 am, February 24, 2011
Get answers to your questions about St. Helier
Recent Conversations