We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel in st brelade bay?

Nottingham, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Best hotel in st brelade bay?

Hi we are travelling to st brelade bay in August and wondering which is the best hotel to stay in over looking the sea? It is for a special birthday so were after something nice. I have looked at L'Horizon, but wondering if st brelade bay hotel is better or anything else.

We also have a 9 month old baby with us.

Many thanks

12 replies to this topic
Jersey
Level Contributor
267 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel in st brelade bay?

It's quite a tight call between L'Horizon and St Brelade Bay.

But for me, St Brelade Bay has a lot more character than L'Horizon. L'Horizon is looking a bit tired now - especially the externals and balconies, which are definitely overshadowed by the St Brelade Bay colourful display. SBB also has the advantage of an outdoor pool.

SBB is just across the road from the beach (but the road is a 20mph zone so not noisy or dangerous).

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St. Helier
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
736 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel in st brelade bay?

There's not much to choose between them for 4* hotels. The advantage of L'Horizon if you book a sea view room, is that you are literally overlooking the sea from your balcony. I wouldn't book an inland facing room at the L'Horizon. Other than breakfast I wouldn't eat at the L'Horizon whereas the St. Brelade Bay Hotel seems to have quite a good reputation for meals.

It boils down to which has the best deal for the time you want to stay, which includes the most extras e.g. breakfast and which one you think fits the bill for you.

These two hotels are the best in the Bay.

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel in st brelade bay?

Both are good hotels. What would concern me though is actually getting a seaview room at STBB for August. They are already heavily booked for the high season.

If you have the choice though, L'Horizon is more classicly modern in style, whilst St Brelades Bay is the more sumptuous & maybe comfortable option. Personally I think L'Horizon is a bit more relaxed, where STBB has the potential to be a bit stuffy at times.

Also as mentioned, L'Horizon is RIGHT on the beach and STBB across the road.

Manchester
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel in st brelade bay?

Give them both a miss and go to the best hotel in Jersey - The Atlantic !

Jersey
Level Contributor
267 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel in st brelade bay?

Appears to me that the OP request was for the best hotel in St Brelade Bay. Whilst the Atlantic is a very good hotel, it's not in St Brelade Bay. Suspect St Brelade Bay is being looked at for ease of access to the beach (they're travelling with a 9 month old).

Atlantic also has a michelin star restaurant. Whilst this is excellent (eaten there a few times myself), I doubt they would feel too comfortable eating there with a 9 month old baby. Unless the hotel provides a baby sitting service.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best hotel in st brelade bay?

Stayed at St Brelades Bay Hotel a couple of years ago......Loved it. Great for an 85yr old & 54 yr old. Sea view and balcony just the ticket for us. It's booked up this time. So we are considering L'Horizon or Golden Sands. Just wondered which is the best for us mature ladies. I know the bay is absolutely beautiful and would recommend.

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St. Helier
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
736 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best hotel in st brelade bay?

L'Horizon will be more expensive probably but has that touch more luxury than the Golden Sands in my opinion. Make sure you book a sea view room though with a small balcony overlooking the beach. Only take breakfast in the hotel, there are varied and better dining options in the locality.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best hotel in st brelade bay?

Thanks for that. Unfortunately we'll have to go half board as Mum's not too mobile at age of 87.

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St. Helier
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
736 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best hotel in st brelade bay?

In that case, do look at the Golden Sands. There are some very positive recent reviews on Tripadvisor about the evening meals at the Golden Sands.

Again, if they have one available, do go for a sea view room with a balcony so you can sit there of an evening, the views all across St. Brelade's Bay are stunning.

There are a few comments about the lack of a fridge and safe in some rooms and if you have a car, there is no car parking but a pay car park immediately opposite the hotel.

The hotel chain is very well regarded in Jersey and they have two sister hotels, all of which get very good reviews, particularly for their food.

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best hotel in st brelade bay?

You will be well looked after at the Golden Sands. It's had extensive refurbishment in the past few years and has an excellent reputation.

If you book Half Board and don't mind splurging on a taxi one or 2 nights they offer a 'dine around' option meaning you can eat at either of their sister hotels (The Somerville in St Aubins and the Cristina overlooking St Aubins Bay) at no extra charge.

Bex

Reply to: Best hotel in st brelade bay?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. Brelade