We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Giant's Causeway etc. in late October

Texas
Level Contributor
44 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Giant's Causeway etc. in late October

Hi all,

I'm planning at trip for the bank holiday weekend to the Giant's Causeway and the surrounding area (Bushmills, Ballycastle, Portrush). I read that the Antrim Coaster only operates from April until 1st of October-- is this true? If so, is there any other way I can get to the Giant's Causeway, and areas around, with public transport at this time of year?

Thanks so much for your help!

Downpatrick Head
Scenic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Giants Causeway Coastal Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
2 replies to this topic
Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Giant's Causeway etc. in late October

Hi, You may also want to post this on the forum for Ballycastle, Northern Ireland.....

That said, some of the NI posters do check in on this forum.....

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,389 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Giant's Causeway etc. in late October

Like me, trintraveler!!!

Yes, unfortunately both the Antrim Coaster (which goes from Belfast) and the Causeway Rambler (the local north coast link) only operate from June to October and the service has now ended (see link below)

translink.co.uk/Timetables/…

If you are staying in Ballycastle (I'm guessing this as you posted in the Ballycastle (Mayo) forum), then this bus service will get you from Ballycastle to the Causeway

translink.co.uk/Timetables/…

You can also ask your accomodation provider for a local taxi number to add a bit more flexibility.

If you are staying in Belfast, then an organised day tour is the easiest option.

Reply to: Getting to Giant's Causeway etc. in late October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ballycastle