We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renvyle peninsula

Which Renvyle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Moville, Ireland
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Renvyle peninsula

Me and my boyfriend have booked a holiday home for a week about a mile from Tullycross at the end of July. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions about places to go and pubs and things that theyd recommend.

5 replies to this topic
Dundalk, Ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renvyle peninsula

Paddy Coynes pub in Tullycross is great craic and they usually have trad music at the weekends. The Renvyle House hotel has very good food, so worth a try if you want to dine out. Presume you have a car so travel down to Leenane for a walk about, and make sure you take a trip through the Inagh valley - the most beautiful scenery in Ireland in my opinion. Stop by Lough Inagh Lodge Hotel for lunch and carry on around to Clifden. Lots of little curio shops, bars, restaurants etc. Beach wise, head to Lettergesh Beach and Glassaluan Beach - you wouldn't think you were in Ireland if the weather's nice - stunning scenery. Enjoy!

Moville, Ireland
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renvyle peninsula

hi taratrip, thanks for all that, sounds good! Looking forward to this trip, its about the only part of the country I haven't been to yet so hopefully it lives up to expectations. Its got a hard task if its to have better scenery than where i'm from, we have the best up here in Inishowen!!

Dundalk, Ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renvyle peninsula

I was up in Inishowen a few weeks ago and I agree, it is absolutely beautiful, but Connemara will give it a run for it's money!!! Be sure to go through the Inagh Valley, head down to Leenane also and when driving back to Tullycross from Clifden, there's a look out spot (right beside a small curio shop) where you'll be blown away at the view of the 12 Bens. You'll know the place when you see it. And Glassaluan beach is fab - hope the weather is good as I'm sure, coming from Inishowen, you will know exactly what I'm talking about! Have a good time.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,529 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Renvyle peninsula

From today's Irish Times, an article entitled Perfect Peninsula Panorama describes the ascent of Tully Mountain on Renvyle Peninsula and the view from the top:

irishtimes.com/newspaper/…1224305790982.html

And, an excellent map of Connemara here, apart from the unusual rendition of Spiddal as Spiddle:

www.connemara.net/Map/Connemara-Publications

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,475 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renvyle peninsula

Not far from Tullycross is the Connemara National Park with Diamond Hill and the most spectacular views.

www.goconnemara.com

Reply to: Renvyle peninsula
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Renvyle