We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inisboffin

Which Inishbofin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tipperary, Ireland
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Inisboffin

Hi. My husband and I are thinking of spending 2 nights in Inisbofin the August bank holiday weekend. I have been told its great crack there. We are both in our early 30s. Would it be good fun there that weekend or will everyone be in Galway for the races

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for County Galway
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inisboffin

Never having been on the island during the Galway Races we can't help you with that part of your query but as one of the daytime delights of Inishbofin is it's tranquility and stunning landscapes and beaches in our opinion the fewer people there the better! The year-round population is only around the 200 mark and we wouldn't imagine many do travel to the mainland for the races so the level of 'local' craic in the island's pubs and bars at night should remain the same as it always is - there will doubtless be more trad music and dancing than usual to be found somewhere too as it's the height of the tourist season...

http://www.inishbofin.com/

Just make sure that your journey up to Cleggan, for the boat over, doesn't get you snarled up in the races traffic on the way...

Tipperary, Ireland
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Inisboffin

Thank you so much for your information. It was very helpful and we are going to go. Really looking forward to it!

3. Re: Inisboffin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:32 am, January 05, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Inishbofin