We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inishmore B&B's

Which Inishmore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Inishmore B&B's

I'm spending two nights on Inishmore in May. It looks like Kilmurvey House is the most highly recommended of the B&B's. However, I definitely plan on visiting the pubs in the evening. Do I understand correctly that it's 5 miles from Kilronan and therefore the nearest pub? And I think the only transportation will be bicycle. Can anyone familiar with Inishmore tell me if staying at Kilmurvey is a bad idea (if one wants to evening in Kilronan)? Thanks so much!

Eugene, Ore
Level Contributor
108 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Inishmore B&B's

Hello, I still have not gotten a response from anyone at Kilmurvey House. Would you suggest I call them? Does anyone know if they will be open in the end of April?

Eugene, Ore
Level Contributor
108 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Inishmore B&B's

As a follow-up to my last posting: I decided to e-mail my problem to the hotel where we will stay in Dublin (The Fitzwilliam). The reservationist was wonderful! She immediately called the Kilmurvey House for us. She found that they are definitely open in the end of April, and check their e-mails. twice daily For some unknown reason, mine were blocked. She made a tentative reservation for us. We called the Kilmurvey House today and reconfirmed the reservation. It was complicated to call them, as we didn't have global service on our cell phones. But, we decided to establish global service for 1 month, so we could make the call, and can use our i-phone on the trip.

Wakarusa, KS, USA
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Inishmore B&B's

"Indeed, I've opted for Seacrest in Kilronan. I'll do my biking in daylight (and sober)."

Sounds like a WISE decision! Have a grand time!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
201 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Inishmore B&B's

We have reservations for two nights at the Kilmurvey house at the end of our Ireland trip in May, and chose it because of it's proximity to Dun Aengus, the good reviews, and because after traipsing all over Ireland and staying two nights in Galway, we want to relax before heading home. I think if someone wants nightlife they would be better off in the main town area. I was wondering about dinner, I thought I saw something about Kilmurvey cooking dinner upon request. I suppose it will stay light pretty late that time of year so if we have to bike it would probably be fine (as long as it isn't too hilly--I will heed the suggestion of the coastal road).

Has anyone who stayed at Kilmurvey want to weigh in? Is dinner in the evening difficult when staying that far out?

Eugene, Ore
Level Contributor
108 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Inishmore B&B's

We just got back from Ireland and stayed at Kilmurvey house one night. It was wonderful! The owners offer a shuttle service to guests, to town for dinner. They took us at 7:30 and picked us up at 10:00. There are several restaurants in town and Ti Joe Wateys was recommended, so we ate there. It was delicious. The Kilmurvery House owner sometimes fixes dinner, but we were there on a Sunday night, so she didn't .Her breakfast was delicious, so I imagine her dinner would also be very good.. There's a cafe and several shops near Kilmurvey House. We had lunch at the cafe and it was outstanding.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
201 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Inishmore B&B's

Awesome! From the emails Treasa at Kilmurvey sounds very nice and accommodating.

17. Re: Inishmore B&B's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, June 03, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Inishmore B&B's

As a follow up since I started this thread: I stayed at Seacrest for 2 nights in May. If you're looking for a nice option in Kilronan, Seacrest would be tough to beat. Geraldine was VERY helpful. It's located right next to a bike rental, close to the pier, and of course any pubs in Kilronan. In my opinion Tigh Joe Watty's was the best pub by a long shot. Have fun!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
201 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Inishmore B&B's

We stayed at Kilmurvey and it was fantastic. Teresa gives a shuttle into town for dinner and back, and it is right next to Dun Aengus. We went to Dun Aengus at 4:30 and had the whole fort almost all to ourselves. The crowds had left for the ferry. There is a cafe next door as well that we didn't try as well as another cafe at Dun Aengus. Also two sweater/souvenir shops. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Hoping we go back for a longer trip someday.

Belmont, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
303 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Inishmore B&B's

there is one taxi on Inishmore. Your B&B will have his phone number and you can find him at the pub at night, looking for customers. If you need transportation the following day to the ferry, it is a good idea to make the contact with the taxi driver the night before.

Get answers to your questions about Inishmore