We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which port of departure?

Northern Illinois
Level Contributor
179 posts
177 reviews
Save Topic
Which port of departure?

I read in another post that where you are staying in Galway makes a difference as to which ferry service to use (Rossaveal or Doolin) due to city traffic. We are staying at the Sli Na Mara B & B off of Fr Griffin Rd in Galway and the next night we would like to stay on one of the Aran Islands. I'm not sure which one yet, but am leaning towards Inish Oirr. The day after that, we are touring the Burran and spending our last night in Bunratty. Where would you suggest we leave from- Rossaveal or Doolin? And is there any preferred ferry service? Thank you so much!

Mentioned in this post
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
Diamond Bar...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Which port of departure?

Hello Treesprite07, we will be visiting Inish Mor on September 8 (since it's Sunday hopefully Galway traffic is less busy). We are staying at Ti Catherine B & B. Here is the link: http://aranbedandbreakfast.com/. We plan to sail out of Rossaveal because its car park is more secured. The only concern I have is that someone commented the drive from Galway to Rossaveal is a pain. I would like to know more about it.

Mentioned in this post
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,986 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Which port of departure?

It's less than an hour from Galway to Ross harbour If thats a pain then "someone" better not think about driving at all..

Mentioned in this post
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
13. Re: Which port of departure?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 06, 2014