We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Be careful when booking Ballyportry Castle

New Jersey
7 posts
Save Topic
Be careful when booking Ballyportry Castle

I know the beginning of this post is old, but I thought that this would be helpful if anyone else is considering Ballyportry Castle:

Keep in mind if you get an agreement with Ballportry Castle that the owners have no intentions of living up tot he agreement. The refund of the security just does not happen.

I had booked for a week in August 2007. Their website states that: “Note that a damage security deposit is required.” What it does not tell you is that despite several requests, and no damage done they just do not return the deposit. In fact, they just do not respond.

My advice is always be careful and get everything in writing when booking with Ballyportry Castle. I do not recommend them, and if anyone is looking for a self catering castle in Clare, this is not the right one. There are other choices to look into, and you should explore other options.

dublin
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Be careful when booking Ballyportry Castle

hi chickenlittle04. that is not very good. did you ring them on the mobile number that is on the ballyportry web page? you might have better luck

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,510 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Be careful when booking Ballyportry Castle

Also tell them that you are reporting progess on your dealings with them on Tripadvisor.

County Clare...
Destination Expert
for County Clare, Aran Islands, Bunratty, The Burren
Level Contributor
8,389 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Be careful when booking Ballyportry Castle

Chickenlittle. If you want to review this place, or request a listing, its located in Corofin, not Quin.

Hope that this helps.

4. Re: Be careful when booking Ballyportry Castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, September 21, 2009