We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Base for the Ardeche

Surrey
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Good Base for the Ardeche

Hi - we are a family of four travelling to the Ardeche next July and I just wondered if anyone could help me with an area/town that would act as a great base for us to explore the region and see the main sites etc.

Many thanks

Noisy-le-Grand...
Level Contributor
790 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Base for the Ardeche

For the whole Ardèche, Privas.

For the southern side of Ardèche,Ruoms or Vallon-Pont-d'Arc.

Surrey
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Base for the Ardeche

Hi - thanks very much for this. Will now be able to centre my search for a gite a bit better.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
81 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Base for the Ardeche

Though Vallon Pont d-arc is probably most central it also tends to be pricier. Many villages nearby are cheaper and roads are pretty good to get anywhere. We stayed at a B&B in Vagnas with a Scotsman who's lived there for nearly 30 years, very friendly family. Found them on vallon pont d'arc tourist information listings.

4. Re: Good Base for the Ardeche

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:40 am, May 24, 2011