We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Masaya week of April 23

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
83 posts
23 reviews
15 helpful votes
Masaya week of April 23

If you are in Masaya and had to cancel plans for tours, here's a great idea. Samaritan Tours guide Nelson can come to you, share stories of Nicaragua's folkloric history, sing, recite poetry, tell you about seismic activity in the country's volcanoes. Speaks English and Spanish. Great local guide. Friendly. Honest. Reliable. I used Samaritan Tours and had Nelson as my guide 18 months ago. Now my go-to person when I'm in Masaya.

https:/…

3 replies to this topic
Phoenix
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
26 helpful votes
1. Re: Masaya week of April 23

Is it safe though

Phoenix
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
26 helpful votes
2. Re: Masaya week of April 23

Just want to make sure

Edited: 10:58 pm, May 09, 2018
Jinotega, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: Masaya week of April 23

Really not safe in Masaya right now. The only place in Nicaragua that's probably safe enough from airport to destination is San Juan del Sur, with flights into Costa Rica rather than Managua, or a experienced driver hired to meet you at the Managua airport who knows the roads well enough to get around any barricades on the roads to San Juan del Sur. If going north, also get a taxi or experienced guide. Going to Managua, experienced driver. Masaya, not a good idea now. The tourist market burned a few nights ago.

Reply to: Masaya week of April 23
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted