We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Knoxville food - One dinner restaurant needed

Which Knoxville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
277 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Knoxville food - One dinner restaurant needed

Hello,

I will be passing through and staying in Knoxville for one night in June. I found a place called Backroom BBQ on Yelp which sounded pretty good....and a place called Dead End BBQ which seemed like people weren't as excited about it.

Any other suggestions for a local Knoxville spot? Not really interested in chains- something uniquely Knoxville. Thanks!

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Knoxville food - One dinner restaurant needed

Long time favorites that have been around for many years- The Original Louis' Drive-In (with table service) and Pizza Palace. Louis' has great Italian dishes with a sauce that is very different than you find other places. Pizza Palace was featured on an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. We like the Palaces pasta dishes, onion rings and homemade pies better than the pizza.

http://www.theoriginallouis.com/

http://www.visitpizzapalace.com/

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
15 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Knoxville food - One dinner restaurant needed

If you go to downtown, there are alot of uniquely Knoxville places to eat. For affordability, location, friendlyness of staff and great beer, I would recommend Downtown Grill and Brewery on Gay Street.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
49 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Knoxville food - One dinner restaurant needed

Dead end BBQ is good. Downtown Grill and Brewery has ok food but their beer is why I go. The wife and I have not been but have but heard that Sweet P's bbq is good and it has on the show Man VS. Food. Also look at Café 4. It’s in market square and has southern food with a twisted but it can be pricey. Another place if you want to hear some local bands and get a pizza is Barley’s Taproom & Pizzeria in the old city. Pizza is pretty good and they have a lot of beers on tap.

Edited: 4:54 pm, April 25, 2011
Tennessee
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Knoxville food - One dinner restaurant needed

Wish I had viewed this sooner - - - just curious, where did you end up eating? I would have suggested Crown and Goose pub or the Market Square area. Hope you had fun wherever you went!

5. Re: Knoxville food - One dinner restaurant needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, October 30, 2012