We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkey Creek Shopping Mall/Complex

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Turkey Creek Shopping Mall/Complex

The first part of September we will be staying in Sevierville, TN and want to do a day trip to the Turkey Creek shopping area in Knoxville. In getting Map Quest directions, it appears that this is simply a straight shot on I-40, and the shopping area is just off the interstate. However, a co-worker thought that the traffic can be really heavy in that area at certain times of the day. My plan would be to leave Sevierville around 9:00 or 9:30 a.m. to go to Knoxville, and then leave around 3:00 p.m. to travel back. Would that avoid the really heavy traffic? Also, there was mention of a bypass, but it appears that would take us out of the way going to Turkey Creek. If anyone can make a comparison for me of driving through Knoxville as opposed to Greensboro, NC on their interstate, that would help me. It also appears it is "easy in" and "easy out" as far as getting in to the mall area, or is that a deceptive appearance from the map? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkey Creek Shopping Mall/Complex

It is definitely easy in and out from I-40 with the main drag of Turkey Creek paralleling the interstate. Access is easier than finding your way into Four Seasons Mall in Greensboro. The stretch of road disecting Turkey Creek spans about three exits off I-40. I can't think of a good reason for heavy traffic during the hours you mentioned.

Edited: 4:07 pm, August 16, 2010
Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkey Creek Shopping Mall/Complex

Thank you so much for the response. That makes my decision an easy one.

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkey Creek Shopping Mall/Complex

You are welcome and welcome to Tennessee!

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkey Creek Shopping Mall/Complex

Actually, we have been traveling to TN for a number of years but usually to the Gatinburg, Pigeon Forge, and Sevierville areas. I love to shop and found out about Turkey Creek and want to give that a try. Eventually, Nashville may be on our list, so I might be seeking more help and advice. Thanks again,

5. Re: Turkey Creek Shopping Mall/Complex

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 14, 2011