We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Knoxville restaurants Thanksgiving Day

vcv
Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
180 reviews
Save Topic
Knoxville restaurants Thanksgiving Day

Does anyone know of any restaurants (other than fast-food chains) serving on Thanksgiving? Thanks.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,958 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Knoxville restaurants Thanksgiving Day

We've been going to Ramsey's Restaurant for the last several years for Thanksgiving. The food is very good and they have a large selection of meats, veggies, and desserts including the Thanksgiving traditionals like turkey, dressing and pumpkin pie on the buffet. Ramsey's moved several years back and they are now in the Days Inn on Central Ave Pike at the intersection of Merchants Rd and Cedar Lane just off of I-75N exit 108.

S&S Cafeteria on Kingston Pike might be open butyou should call to verify. I know all Cracker Barrel locations are open for Thanksgiving as well. We tried Cracker Barrel once and I couldn't recommend it from that experience. Some of the up-scale hotels downtown and the airport Hilton serve at Thanksgiving too but they tend to have more non-traditional fare than we prefer.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,958 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Knoxville restaurants Thanksgiving Day

I read yesterday that Ramsey's has closed it's doors for good. Another victim of the economy.

U.S.
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Knoxville restaurants Thanksgiving Day

Think some of the Mexican restaurants and a Chinese buffet are open. Or were you looking for something more traditional?

vcv
Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Knoxville restaurants Thanksgiving Day

It turns out that my son, who will have to work Black Friday at the Knoxville mall, will be able to get the day off on Wednesday so that he can come home for turkey and trimmings--and so we won't be needing to find a Knoxville venue. But if you know of places that are usually open and want to post again, I'll file them away for future reference. (I WAS thinking traditional and had forgotten that Cracker Barrels do serve Thanksgiving Day--something a little more upscale might be nice but I didn't want to have to take my son to Arby's or McD's for his Thanksgiving dinner!) Thanks to all who posted.

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Knoxville restaurants Thanksgiving Day

Calhouns on Bearden Hill is open for Thanksgiving. They're serving a special Thanksgiving entree of turkey, etc, but they are also offering their full menu.

vcv
Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Knoxville restaurants Thanksgiving Day

Thanks; I'll keep these ideas on file for the future--we like Calhouns--Cracker Barrell would be ok too.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

7. Re: Knoxville restaurants Thanksgiving Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 06, 2010