We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suggestions for one night stay in Knoxville

savhga
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotel suggestions for one night stay in Knoxville

Hi,

I am traveling from Georgia to Knoxville in order to take my teenage son and friends to the Phish Concert June 10. Downtown hotels are booked. Any recommendations of hotels on our route?

I driving up I 26 to I 40.

My 11 year old and I will be

hangin out while older ones are at the concert. We may hit downtown restaurant while older kids are at concert. Any suggestions for hotel and good eats are appreciated.

Ga Mom

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel suggestions for one night stay in Knoxville

The Strawberry Plains exit would be convenient for you, if you're coming from the east. Lots of hotels there (many are newer), in a safe suburban area, and Puleo's Grille is there, which is a bonus in my book. It's exit 392.

Downtown restaurants... my faves are Tomato Head and Trio Cafe, both in Market Square. Cafe 4 and Nama are okay, but a bit pricey for what you get. Lots of people like Nama (sushi) on Gay St. If you want seafood, go to Chesapeake's.

Mentioned in this post
Tomato Head
Tomato Head
1,074 Reviews
Knoxville, TN
Trio Cafe
Trio Cafe
174 Reviews
Knoxville, TN
Market Square
Market Square
2,450 Reviews
Knoxville, TN
Chesapeake's
Chesapeake's
646 Reviews
Knoxville, TN
Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel suggestions for one night stay in Knoxville

Actually, Strawberry Plains is 398, not 392.

Another closer option on the end of town you're coming from would be Merchants Drive, exit 108 from I-75. It's closer to downtown than Straw Plains.

Mentioned in this post
3. Re: Hotel suggestions for one night stay in Knoxville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:30 am, November 27, 2009