We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to dine for Valentines?

Pennington Gap VA
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where to dine for Valentines?

Where is the best place to dine for Valentine's dinner with my wife? We are 7 months into the marriage and I want this to be a great dinner for her.

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to dine for Valentines?

Here's a few ideas, not sure what you like to eat:

Italian: Naples, Pasta Trio, Italian Market and Grill, Altruda's

Seafood: Chesapeake's

Formal: The Orangery, Regas

Steaks: Ruth's Chris

Fondue: Melting Pot

I like the By the Tracks Bistro in Bearden; it's elegant without being too stuffy. (At least it was great the last time I was in there a few years ago.) They have a somewhat limited menu so you might want to check it out online first.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to dine for Valentines?

Dpladyreed has an excellent list! I would add Oodles on Market Square to that. In the past few months they have revamped themselves and they are fantastic! If you are into sushi, you would like Nama (www.namasushibar.com). Copper Cellar is another choice, as is La Costa. I like that La Costa has very private booths, so you are kinda in your own little world.

I would say that you need a reservation for most places on Valentine's. I made the mistake of going out one year without one. You also probably need to call pretty quickly, because the slots have a tendency to fill up fast.

Hope this helps!

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to dine for Valentines?

Thanks, Knoxcat!

I actually considered adding Oodles and Nama, but I still haven't been to either and wasn't sure about the atmosphere. I'm assuming from your inclusion that they would be sufficiently romantic for the occasion? :)

Ditto about the reservations!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to dine for Valentines?

I got engaged at Nama so it has a special place for me. :)

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to dine for Valentines?

Awwwwwww! :)

6. Re: Where to dine for Valentines?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, September 16, 2009